heeb'n'vegan

"I've noticed that quite a lot of people who are prominent in the animal liberation movement are Jews. Maybe we are simply not prepared to see the powerful hurting the weak." --Peter Singer (Author, Animal Liberation)

2.02.2007

HAPPY TU B'SHVAT!


Happy Tu B'Shvat! When I first started calling Tu B'Shvat my favorite Jewish holiday back in the day, I was partially joking. But at this point, it really is my favorite holiday. It's a reason to savor fruits and nuts I ordinarily wouldn't buy, and when I laid everything out on the table, I couldn't help but think that the collection of colors was truly beautiful. Tu B'Shvat is the definitive heebnvegan holiday. And celebrating with a bunch of friends over certainly didn't hurt either!

We had the following fruits and nuts this year: pineapple, coconut, pummelo, uniquefruit, grapefruit, mango, plum, nectarine, persimmon, apple, pear, peach, kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, grapes, dates, walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, and filberts.

Check out Monday's blog post about how Tu B'Shvat has taken the place of my former favorite holiday and last year's post about Tu B'Shvat.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home