heeb'n'vegan

"I've noticed that quite a lot of people who are prominent in the animal liberation movement are Jews. Maybe we are simply not prepared to see the powerful hurting the weak." --Peter Singer (Author, Animal Liberation)

8.27.2006

heebnvegan's One-Year Anniversary

It’s hard to believe that it’s been a year and more than 4,000 page visits since I started heebnvegan. I’m quite proud of what I’ve done with this blog in the last year, even if the frequency of my posts varies greatly. Here’s a look back at some of the highlights from the first year:

* I’ve had articles and letters to the editor published promoting heebnvegan in my tagline, and I’ve used my blog as a "credential" to help me give a couple of talks about vegetarianism in the Jewish tradition in my local community
* I’ve explored various aspects of the kosher meat industry, in conjunction with researching and writing an upcoming feature article about kosher meat
* My blog has been featured on RadicalTorah.org, linked from various blogs, and mentioned during a sermon given by my rabbi
* I’ve tried to promote the glory of air guitar, somehow slipping it in when my blog focuses on animal rights and Judaism
* I’ve blogged about various Jewish holidays, including my favorite, Tu B’Shvat
* My favorite three posts: Private vs. Public Judaism, Vegan Jews Against Genocide, and Vegetarian Seders From Across the U.S. They’re three very different types of entries, but I’d love to write more posts like them.

We’ll see what the next year holds in store. Maybe I’ll start posting more than I have been in the last few months. Thank you so much to all of you who read this blog. I greatly appreciate all your feedback on the comments pages and via personal e-mail.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/28/2006 1:47 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said…

    If you don't mind me sayin'... i wish you would post more often! I like what you do here, giving a voice to like-minded Jewvegans!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 8:04 AM, Blogger heebnvegan said…

    Thanks, I certainly do not "mind" a comment like that :-)

    I'll try to make a conscious effort to post more often (and not just about air guitar and Natalie Portman)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home